Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Korean skin care haul - Missha, Innisfree


Sooooo... I know what you guys are thinking...

I KNOW.

It has been ages since I updated this blog... I remember my January 2015 self making a resolution that I would totally juggle real life and blogging because I will be a responsible but fun-loving adult. But then... I didn't succeed. I have reasons though! It's because
1. I was a bit busy with real life (I am always busy!),
2. I was a bit lazy to basically open my laptop.

So... anyway, going back on topic. I decided to surprise you guys with a blog entry about the thing that I am most obsessed about these days! It is no other than, KOREAN SKIN CARE! Surprised? No? Okay~

So basically, I decided that, being almost 25, I needed to take care of my skin better because I am not getting any younger. And the idea Korean skin care stemmed from me being obsessed with Korean people for almost a quarter of my life. I always loved looking at their faces, admiring how smooth their skin are and how young looking they are despite aging and all that.

That time, I quickly searched dear friend Google about "korean skin care routine", mentally readying myself because I heard that Koreans are actually very tedious with their routine. Boy, I was never too right! Lo and behold! I didn't know they had >10 steps for their famous skin care! When I looked and read how tedious it is, I almost backed out. ALMOST.

The thing is, I was always the go home--change clothes--wash face--brush teeth--sleep type of girl. So when I read Into the Gloss' blog about their routine summarized into 10 steps, I almost face palmed. I didn't give up easily though! I tried and looked for famous Korean skin care products online, and if the process didn't make me give up, the price of those products actually did, that time.

I mean, 2500+ for a bottle of fermented yeast??? REALLY?

Anyway, fast forward to July 2015. I realized that I had put it off long enough, and I need to do something already. I ordered at my trusted Korean online shop and was soooooo glad they were on sale. LIKE 50% OFF KIND OF SALE. Of course, like how a typical girl would react... ATTACK!

The thing with the shop I ordered from is that it comes directly from Korea, so it is somehow cheaper than those compared to branches here in the Philippines. Also, when it goes on sale in Korea, which is almost every week, it goes on sale there too. How lucky can I be, right? The downside though, was that I had to wait for more than a month (39 days to be exact) after I ordered before I was able to get my products. Why more than a month, you say? Because they have batch deadline --> shipping from KR to PH, customs clearing, shipping from customs to warehouse, shipping from warehouse to primary distributor, and then that is when it gets shipped to us. Who would complain if you're going to get your stuff at half the price, right?

Anyway, after a loooong time of waiting, imagine my happiness when I got home from work to see my package on the dining table!!
(From L-R, T-B: Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence (2 pcs), Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Borabit Ampoule (2pcs), freebies, Innisfree It's real squeeze mask (20pcs))

MISSHA TIME REVOLUTION FIRST TREATMENT ESSENCE

According to Missha US, the Time Revolution First Treatment Essence 
"Contains 80% Fermented Yeast Concentrate, which absorbs into skin instantly to energize your skin. Also contains Niacinamide, a Vitamin B3 component, to improve skin elasticity, enhance skin barrier function, and revive skin tone and texture. DN-Aid, made from Cassia-Alata Extract, provides vitality to aging skin, protects DNA from aging caused by UV rays, and promotes restoration of damaged DNA."
I am no skin care guru or whatever, so I am not going to act like I know everything about skin care. But as far as I know, essences are like liquidated serums. Serums are the liquidy stuff that contains lots of nutrients that penetrate into your skin to do lots of functions such as increasing dead skin cell turnover, increasing moisture, provide nutrients etc etc. 

Basically, what it meant is that the essence improves skin tone and helps diminish fine lines. It also claims to "hydrate, restore, rejuvenate, and give you a glowing complexion". It is actually a cult favorite not only by Koreans but also Western people because they said it is effective in actually improving their skin. They said it helped in tightening their pores and it also gives them a youthful glow with regular use. 

How much did I buy this one? P 960.00 from P 1920.00
Freaking give away.


MISSHA TIME REVOLUTION NIGHT REPAIR SCIENCE ACTIVATOR AMPOULE
According to Missha US, the Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule
"Contains Fermented Bifida, Lactobacillus, and Lactococcus for improved, healthier skin. Bifida Ferment strengthens skin's barrier to prevent damage from harmful environmental factors. Lactobacillus Ferment contains Peptide and Vitamin B12 for improved, healthy skin condition. Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate has protective and antioxidant properties to moisturize and improve skin barrier."
Ampoules, on the other hand, are like a more concentrated essence. It functions the same as your essence, but multiplied.. Again, basically it gives you the firm beautiful skin. It also has firming properties and it also restores the elasticity in your skin, reduces wrinkle formation, and provides you with extra nutrients and moisture to give you that dewy, youthful glow. Too much stuff? Just know that you usually buy this with the First Treatment Essence because they are considered partners in helping you achieve that youthful look.

How much did I buy this one? This came with the First Treatment Essence for only P 600.00, from P 1820.00
WTF (in a good way), right?

INNISFREE IT'S REAL SQUEEZE MASK

I will be talking about my individual experiences with the masks in another series of posts once I have tried them. (As of posting, I have only tried Kiwi, Rice, and Cucumber)

Face masks are essentially those semi-cotton stuff that you put on your face to do many things. Some beauty gurus swear by face masks as an alternative to the damaging and expensive salon facials. They said it also brings more dead skin cell turnover and deeply moisturizes and soothes your skin. Since it is also applied after you put on essence and ampoule, it also functions to trap the nutrients to your skin, thereby increasing absorption of those nutrients instead of them just evaporating. In South Korea, Innisfree face masks are one of the most popular as it is paraben-free and of course, effective in giving them the fresh and clean feel.

One thing about their masks though is that they are not alcohol-free. So if you are easily irritated by alcohol or fragrances, you might need to do skin testing first before you apply it on your face. Good thing for me though, because I have no allergy to whatsoever.

How much did I buy this one? Believe it or not, I bought it at P 65.00 each, and it was Buy 10 Take 10!!!!
CRAZY RIGHT?? Uuuuugh how I love Korean skin care sales. T~T

I have just been using them for a week but my co-worker has already noticed a difference in my skin. She said I had this dewy glow even though I went to work without make up and she said I looked more radiant. Maybe because I coupled it with 8-hrs of sleep? Anyway, I will continue using it for a few more weeks and will give updates after I have consumed 1/4 of the bottles already. As of now, I cannot really give any review because I am still a newbie and I am still not consistent in following the 10-step skin care everyday.

Now, I am going to redirect you to the title where it says it is just PART 1. That is no typo, and it was intentional. BECAUSE I JUST FREAKING ORDERED NEW SETS OF SKIN CARE HUHUHU. It will never stop. Hahahaha~

If you want to know where I order my Korean hauls, message me here or ask in the comments below. *wink*






B.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mei!!! Where do you order your skin care products? :D I want to try it too! When will you update your part II? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I order it online~ And I will update my part 2 (3, and 4) this month lol xDDDD thank you for reading! :*

      Delete

Subscribe

About Us

Labels

Random